Join us at St. James Episcopal Church to learn more about how you can become a health, nutrition, and literacy advocate for your children. Workshops will be held every 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and lunch will be served. Please click here for more information.
Welcome to the web site of the Town Lake Chapter of The Links, Incorporated. The Links, Incorporated is a public service, non-partisan volunteer organization that has over 12,000 members comprised of 274 chapters in 42 states. Chapters are also located in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, and Frankfurt, Germany.
The members of the Town Lake Chapter are committed to community service. We have served the central Texas area since 1988 and this year will celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We are an organization of dedicated women who are active in the community and provide purposeful service. Our involvement is evident by these achievements and accolades:
- Recognition by the University of Texas Community Service Award, AISD Friend of Education award and Capital Area Food Bank Hunger Hero award;
- Contribution to Capital Area Food Bank of $15,000;
- Receipt of the HeartLinks grant from The Links, Incorporated and complete implementation of the program in our community;
- Receipt of funding from the Women’s Fund of Texas to support our programs;
- Another successful MGM fundraiser;
- A McCallum student winner in the Western Area Poster Contest;
- Support of the Book Fair at Norman and providing a classroom of desks for students in Malawi;
- Another awesome scholarship winner and continuation of three scholarship students; and
- Participation in community service activities including Ronald McDonald House, Legacy of Giving and the various community walks and other activities.
We are proud of these achievements and could not do them without community support. We hope you will learn more about our programs and support our efforts to make a difference in our community. Thank you for visiting our web site and we look forward to a continued partnership.
Geraldine J. Tucker, J.D.
Town Lake Chapter
** The Town Lake Chapter is currently accepting applications for The Town Lake Chapter of The Links Incorporated Scholarship, a five-thousand dollar ($5,000) annual four-year scholarship award.
Click to download the 2014 Scholarship Application
Applications are due no later than March 17, 2014.
Linked in Friendship...Connected in Service