Our program at St. James Episcopal Church has ended for the school year. Check back later this summer to learn about exciting changes to our programs!
Welcome to the web site of the Town Lake Chapter of The Links, Incorporated. The Links, Incorporated is a public service, non-partisan volunteer organization that has over 12,000 members comprised of 274 chapters in 42 states. Chapters are also located in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, and Frankfurt, Germany.
The members of the Town Lake Chapter are committed to community service. We have served the central Texas area since 1988 and this year will celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We are an organization of dedicated women who are active in the community and provide purposeful service. Our involvement is evident by these achievements and accolades:
- Recognition by the University of Texas Community Service Award, AISD Friend of Education award and Capital Area Food Bank Hunger Hero award;
- Contribution to Capital Area Food Bank of $15,000;
- Receipt of the HeartLinks grant from The Links, Incorporated and complete implementation of the program in our community;
- Receipt of funding from the Women’s Fund of Texas to support our programs;
- Another successful MGM fundraiser;
- A McCallum student winner in the Western Area Poster Contest;
- Support of the Book Fair at Norman and providing a classroom of desks for students in Malawi;
- Another awesome scholarship winner and continuation of three scholarship students; and
- Participation in community service activities including Ronald McDonald House, Legacy of Giving and the various community walks and other activities.
We are proud of these achievements and could not do them without community support. We hope you will learn more about our programs and support our efforts to make a difference in our community. Thank you for visiting our web site and we look forward to a continued partnership.
Geraldine J. Tucker, J.D.
Town Lake Chapter
The Town Lake Chapter of The Links, Inc., recently announced that Cedar Ridge High School senior Brice Dudley, Jr. was selected to receive The Town Lake Chapter 2014 Scholarship.
Mr. Dudley will receive a $5000 annual scholarship for four years, for a total of $20,000. He will attend Stanford University and major in Biomedical Engineering Program.
Linked in Friendship...Connected in Service